Sunday, November 4, 2012

Paradise Lost Book 2

I wanted to make sure that I was understanding what I was reading today in Book 2 of Paradise Lost...... It seemed like in the 40 lines or so Satan was again trying to suck up to all of his demons by calling them "deities of heaven" and such. But then I think a new character came into the scene...Moloch. Then he starts talking about how everyone there has no where to go but up since they are in hell and cannot really do much worse than that. But who is Moloch? Just another demon?
The reading said that he was a "sceptred king" but I was kindof confused on what that meant.....

1 comment:

  1. Great questions. I certainly understand the confusion and hope we can answer the questions in class. Make sure that we do, Carter. We'll meet a couple more demons!

    ReplyDelete