Thursday, September 13, 2012

Othello the Movie

I have yet to make an opinion specifically about the movie, but I think so far when we discuss the play in class it is more effective for me. I like the visual that the movie provides, but I feel like because Kenneth Branagh who plays Iago has been so many characters to me within the past year, including Hamlet, Gilderoy Lockhart, and Benedick from Much Ado About Nothing, that he hasn't quite assumed the Iago role for me yet.
On the other hand, I like Othello. I disagree with what Caroline said, but that's probably because I envisioned Othello as creepy. I didn't really imagine him as kind of a sentimental man except when he's with Desdemona, which I have so far seen in the movie. I like Laurence Fishburne in a lot of other movies, Matrix, Tuskegee Airmen, but since I haven't seen those movies in a while, his other character roles aren't interfering with my opinion of him in Othello like they do with Kenneth. 

2 comments:

  1. Just adding ot this post for the part of hte movie we watched today, I liked Rodrigo's hystericalness. The actor portrayed his emotion exactly how it was when I was reading the book, so I enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete