Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vito vs Michale

   When I was watching the first movie, I kind of forgot the fact that the the Corleone Family was an crime family.  During the first movie, I loved all the characters in the corleone family, and I wanted them to stomp out the rival families.   In the beginning of part two, Michale doesn't have the respect that his father had, the family looks unhappy and cynical towards each other, and the business is more white collar crime.  The plot to get the senator on their side reminded me of what the Corleone family really does.  It makes me wonder what Vito did to get the respect and power we saw in the first movie.   When Vito died in the garden, we talked about him dying as a friendly monster.  The more I watch Michale and Tom create the new Family empire, the more of a criminal he seems to me. 

2 comments:

  1. Really nic insights here. As soon as we resume the movie, I think your questions wii be addressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with Katan. Throughout the whole first movie, I was definitely rooting for the Corleones. However, the family doesn't seem to have the same connection and unity that they had when Vito Corleone was alive. No one really seems to respect Michael like they did Vito.....maybe because he is new in the position and is not really sure how to gain that respect yet. I find myself feeling bad for Michael instead of rooting for him this time....since it is so obvious that most of the family members are on different pages.

    ReplyDelete