Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Godfather Part II

So far I think the Godfather Part II is really good.  It is definitely as shocking as the last movie.  One thing I noticed was that Michael is always very calm and fatherly.  Don Corleone in the first movie was not portrayed to be as fatherly as Michael is in this movie.  I also have sympathy for Michael, because he is not treated with as much respect from his family and business partners as Don Corleone was.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that later in the movie Michael might do something rash in order to assert his dominance. 

2 comments:

  1. I think Don Corleone was jus as fatherly in part I as Michael in part II, just in a different way since his children were grown. I think it showed in the way he acted with his grandchildren. He is definitely my favorite character. I loved his patience and his willingness to walk away from a situation. Michael has large shoes to fill, and I don't think he has the same mindset or temperament as his father. Things never really seem to be going his way. Can't wait for the movie to reveal more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent comments focusing of "fatherliness" of the two Godfathers. Let's see how this plays out in the rest of the movie. Also, there will be an article posted on Edline reviewing Part II entitled "Fathers and Sons"! Be sure to read it as we complete the second movie.

    ReplyDelete