Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Iago..

As I was reading scene iii I was at first confused by Iago's intentions. At first it just seemed like he was targeting Cassio which I found odd because of his hatred toward Othello. Then, he spoke of slandering Desdemona's reputation. I was confused about how all of this hurt Othello, his original goal, but then it all came together. He was able to make Cassio and Desdemona both look bad, while also beginning to ruin Othello's relationship. He also made himself look generous because Othello thought he cared so much about Cassio. Iago clearly showed how clever he was in this scene.

2 comments:

  1. Iago uses a spider metaphor to describe himself. I guess he's weaving his web here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think Iago takes pleasure in destroying other peoples lives. I am starting to believe that sometimes Iago is evil just because he can. He creates excuses in order to justify his actions. However, the more we read the more convinced I am that Iago has no true motive.

    ReplyDelete