Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Godfather

I found the restaurant scene to be very suspenseful. It made me so nervous because I was unsure if Mikey was going to go through with the plan and if everything was going to work out like it was planned. When they started to talk in Italian, it made me suspicious as to what they were saying, and that scene also helped build the suspense. It was interesting how unsure Mikey seemed about talking in Italian, but then again he was just about to commit a murder, so he was probably pretty nervous anyways. The part when Mikey went to the bathroom to get the gun was so nerve wrecking. At first I thought he wasn't able to find the gun, which made me even more nervous. The whole set up of the scene in a little town, in a deserted restaurant, also made the scene more suspenseful. However, Mikey did play the murder very cool and hasn't gotten caught...yet.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Carter! I also found the restaurant scene to be very suspenseful. What I found suspenseful was the noise of a train while he was trying to find the gun, which I originally thought was not there. I really did not think that Mikey was going to go through with the murder because he did not do it as soon as he stepped out of the bathroom like they had originally planned. I found it confusing that the few workers and customers in the restaurant did not have any dramatic reaction to the gun shots. I would have screamed and dramatically ran out of the restaurant if I were them, but they seemed not to be bothered by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about the train noise too. Every time the train went by I moved around in my seat. One thing that made the scene more suspenseful was the was when they started discussing because I wasn't sure whether or not Sollozo was gonna kill him or if Michale was gonna change his mind. The main thing I was afraid of was Michale giving away his plans to murder them with his death stare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael's eyes seemed nervous to me. When did he give a death stare?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever he didn't respond to Sollozo, i thought he was figuring out something is going wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. Or just not sure what he was about to do?

    ReplyDelete