Thursday, December 30, 2010

I had a dream

Did anyone else think that Heart of Darkness was very similar to the idea behind Inception. I am thinking specifically where Marlow says that he had his "choice of nightmares," and I think the movie is based on this same idea. When the movie comes to the final scene where the dreidel does not fall, I think this is a perfect example where Cobb decides he wants to live in a certain dream with his kids. We are left to decide if reality is a dream or not. I think the "reality" we see throughout the entire movie is not a dream, but its the one Cobb chooses. It's his nightmare.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really interesting and valid, Nathan. I need to go back and watch Inception again. Of course, we're playing one of Shakespeare's favorite metaphors: dream v. reality or reality v. drama. What is real? What is dream? What is actual? What is theatre? I'll explain. Thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete